Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
2 Day Drive-Fly Cooktown & Rainbow Serpent Rock Art Tour
- Included in price:
- Air-conditioned 4wd vehicle Experienced driver-guide Daintree River cable crossing Morning Tea Lunch at the Lions Den Hotel Overnight accommodation at Sovereign Resort Hotel Rainbow Serpent Tour with Guurrbi Tours ex Cooktown Airport transfer to Cooktown Airport Flight from Cooktown to Cairns with Skytrans Airlines
- What to bring:
- What to bring with you.. Hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, closed in covered footwear. And don’t forget your camera!
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Children 4-11 yrs
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Thala Beach, Queensland
Clifton Beach, Queensland
Holloways Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Mon, Tue, Thu
8:30 AM Mon, Tue, Thu
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Please advise where you are staying so we can arrange to collect you,
- 2 Days
- Approximate Return Time:
- Flight arrives at Hinterland Aviation, General Aviation Airport, Tom McDonald Drive, Cairns at 6.50pm
- Adventure North Australia
- Cooktown and Hope Vale
- Departs From
- Cairns, Palm Cove, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach, Thala Beach, Clifton Beach and Holloways Beach
Day 1 (lunch included)
You will be collected from your accommodation by our air-conditioned 4wd vehicle, and travel north to Cooktown on the Bama Way. The journey takes you across the Daintree River by cable ferry, then along one of Australia’s most scenic coastal routes through the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation. Your experienced and informative guide will add to your enjoyment with his knowledge of the area, as you follow the 4wd-only Bloomfield Track through some of the most rugged terrain in the country. After crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges with spectacular views, we stop for lunch at the famous Lion’s Den Hotel, established in 1875 and one of Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs. Arrive Cooktown at 2.30pm for your overnight stay is at the Sovereign Resort Hotel in the heart of Cooktown.
Enjoy the remainder of the after where you can visit the world-class James Cook Museum, (closes 4.00pm daily) or take a stroll down the main street to the Wharf, check out the Milbi Wall which tells the Aboriginal history of the area, or simply relax and enjoy a drink on the verandah watching the sunset at the Sovereign Resort.
Day 2 Rainbow Serpent Rock Art Tour 7.45am-1.15pm
You will be collected by Willie Gordon, Aboriginal Elder of the Nugal-warra clan at 7.45 am for the 45 minute drive to his ancestral lands outside Hope Vale. The Rainbow Serpent Tour takes you through a dramatic landscape to six rock art sites, including the Rainbow Serpent Cave and an ancestral Birth Site where Willie's grandfather was born. Along the way you’ll learn some of the traditional survival techniques of the Nugal-warra people. The tour includes an estimated 30-minute bush walk. There is a short climb to two of the sites, but generally the terrain is easy.. Return to Cooktown around 1.15 pm, where you will have the remainder of the afternoon to explore this beautiful, historic town. Your return flight to Cairns is with Hinterland Aviation and departs Cooktown airport at 6.05pm. Enjoy the spectacular views as you fly along the coast between the World Heritage rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. On arrival at Cairns General Aviation airport make your own way to your accommodation.