Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Day Trip to Fitzroy Island from Cairns
Transfers to and from your accommodation are $10 extra if required.
- Included in price:
- Cruise transfers to and from Fitzroy Island
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Lunch and snacks can be purchased at the resort cafe. Fitzroy Island Dive Adventure Centre has snorkelling gear, diving gear, coral viewing kayaks and other facilities available for hire. You can also try an introductory dive or go for a certified dive.
- What to bring:
- Towel, bathers, sunscreen; any items required for a fun and relaxing day in the sun!
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children of any age (including infants) pay adult prices.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Meet at Marlin Marina E - Finger, at 7am for a 7:30 am departure. It will take roughly 40 minutes to get to the island. Return at 3:45 in the afternoon arriving into Cairns marina about 4:30pm.
- 7 hours on Fitzroy island
- Approximate Return Time:
- 4:30 pm to Cairns
This seven hour trip out to Fitzroy Island gives you the chance to explore this idyllic location in your own time and way. Have a go at an introductory or certified dive or stay dry with a glass bottomed boat tour (additional cost), hire water equipment or just relax on the beach.
• Jump on board for a quick 45-minute journey to Fitzroy Island
• Explore the island at your leisure and enjoy its natural beauty
• Use the resorts facilities to hire beach equipment and buy a delicious lunch
With departures from Marlin Marina’s E Finger at 7:30 am (please arrive at 7 am to check in), you’ll hop aboard the amazing mono hull boat and begin your 45-minute journey towards Fitzroy Island, taking in the beautiful scenery along the way.
Once you arrive at Fitzroy Island, you'll have the chance to explore the idyllic 339-hectare island, with white sanded beaches, interior rainforests and a life-filled fringing coral reef that forms part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. With most of the island covered in lush tropical rainforest, you could get lost for hours, traversing the walking tracks that wind their way through stunning landscapes, along the beaches or to the historic east end lighthouse.
To add some more fun to the mix, you can hire equipment from the Fitzroy Island Dive Adventure Centre and go snorkelling, diving, try the coral viewing kayaks and more. Then, fuel up by buying a delicious lunch at the resort café, or grab some take away and find a blissful little nook to enjoy your meal. At the end of the day, you’ll depart around 3:45 pm and head back to Cairns, arriving at the Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.