Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Kuranda Scenic Railway & Skyrail self drive
Train journey takes about 1 hour 30 mins.
Skyrail journey takes about 1 hour 15 mins.
Coach transfer takes about 15 mins.
- Included in price:
- Kuranda Scenic Railway + Skyrail + Tranfer ( Skyrail to Freshwater Station)
- What to bring:
- comfortable shoes, hat, camera
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child Fares 4-14years. Infants under 4 years are Free of Charge, however please include them in your booking request to ensure a ticket/seat is issued. Children must be accompanied by an adult while travelling on Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
8:55 AM Daily
9:55 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Drive yourself to Freshwater Station and start your tour on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. When you return on the Skyrail a bus transfer service will bring you from Skyrail Smithfield terminal back to the Freshwater Station. Choose your preferred departure time of 8.50am or 9.50am, however please note if your preferred departure is full we will book you on the available departure.
Experience two of the most popular tourist attractions in the Far North.
The Kuranda Scenic railway will take you from Freshwater station through World Heritage rainforest areas to Kuranda 'the village in the rainforest'. This amazing journey will cross the impressive Stoney Creek Bridge and stop at Barron Gorge on its way to Kuranda.
Spend some time exploring the Kuranda village markets and other attractions.
The Skyrail cableway will take you above the forest canopy to enjoy our World Heritage listed Rainforest from a different perspective.
There are four options for return times on Skyrail - 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm or 3.45pm. These will arrive at the Skyrail terminal in Caravonica at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm or 5.20pm respectively.
Then travel by coach from Skyrail back to Freshwater station, a journey of approximately 25 minutes.