Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Skyrail, Wildlife Experience and Kuranda Railway - Self Drive
The Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You have a chance to cuddle a koala, get close to a kangaroo, see and feed one of the world’s largest birds, the Cassowary, and be surrounded by the graceful motion of over 1,500 butterflies, all native to the rainforest region.
Kuranda Scenic Railway is the original scenic rail journey from Kuranda. This spectacular experience travels over bridges and through tunnels hand-made by North Queensland’s pioneers over 100 years ago. Traversing the World Heritage listed rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park this is one of the world’s great railway journeys.
Skyrail is the World’s Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. A 7.5km cableway, Skyrail glides just metres over the canopy of Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforests. Two mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the perfect opportunity to explore and learn more about this ancient environment on boardwalks and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Included in price:
- One Way Skyrail Experience [Approximately 9:00AM] + Kuranda Wildlife Experience Entry + One Way Kuranda Scenic Railway from Kuranda [2PM service] + One way coach transfer from Freshwater Connection Railway Station to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal [3:30PM].
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Skyrail's gift shops are located at Smithfield and Kuranda Terminals, and stock a wide range of souvenirs, gifts, books, clothing and other merchandise. The Kuranda Scenic Railway Gift Shop boasts a wide range of historical and Australian gifts including all your Kuranda Scenic Railway souvenirs.
- What to bring:
- Daypacks and fold-up baby strollers can be taken on the cableway. Luggage is not able to be carried on the cableway or coach transfer service.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child Fares 4-14years. Infants under 4 years are Free of Charge, however please include them in your booking request to ensure a boarding pass is issued. Children must be accompanied by an adult while travelling on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
Lake Placid, Queensland
Clifton Beach, Queensland
Kewarra Beach, Queensland
Machans Beach, Queensland
Holloways Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
9:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- You will start your tour from Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal followed by free time in Kuranda Village to enjoy the Kuranda Wildlife Experience and Kuranda's other attractions, return by the Kuranda Scenic Railway followed by a coach transfer that will depart from Freshwater Connection Railway Station at 5pm to return to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal.
- 9 hours
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Departs From
- Cairns, Palm Cove, Kuranda, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Lake Placid, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach
Enjoy spectacular and breathtaking views from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and immerse yourself in the Tropical Rainforest, discover the pioneering history of the Kuranda Scenic Railway and uncover the exciting fauna of Tropical North Queensland and Australia as well as exotic species from around the world at the Kuranda Wildlife Experience!
This tour is for passengers who will be driving themselves to Skyrail's Smithfield terminal, where there is ample parking and start your tour on the Rainforest Cableway. When you return on the Kuranda Scenic Rail a coach transfer service will bring you from Freshwater Connection Train Station back to the Skyrail Smithfield terminal.
Skyrail operates in all weather rain or shine, and is the world's most beautiful rainforest experience.
Tour details are:
One-way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
One-way Kuranda Scenic Railway
Kuranda Wildlife Experience [entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary]
One-way coach transfer from Freshwater Connection to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal.