Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Tjapukai, Skyrail and Kuranda Railway - Self Drive
Compliment Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and the Kuranda Scenic Railway with a cultural experience at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. Located within walking distance of Skyrail’s Smithfield terminal, Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is a stunning theatrical interpretation of Aboriginal culture from the beginning of time into the future.
Tjapukai's seven separate arenas allow visitors to experience every facet of the rainforest people's culture - from the provocative History Theatre to the inspiring Creation Theatre, and the original Dance Theatre and the interactive Camp Village, where visitors can learn didgeridoo playing and boomerang throwing.
Kuranda Scenic Railway is the original scenic rail journey from Kuranda. This spectacular experience travels over bridges and through tunnels hand-made by North Queensland’s pioneers over 100 years ago. Traversing the World Heritage listed rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park this is one of the world’s great railway journeys.
Skyrail is the World’s Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. A 7.5km cableway, Skyrail glides just metres over the canopy of Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforests. Two mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the perfect opportunity to explore and learn more about this ancient environment on boardwalks and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Included in price:
- Tjapukai Park Entry [9:30AM] + One Way Skyrail Experience [Approximately 12:00PM departure from Smithfield Terminal] + One Way Kuranda Scenic Railway [3:30PM Service from Kuranda] + One way coach transfer from Freshwater Connection Railway Station to Skyrail's Smithfield terminal [5:00PM]
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Skyrail's gift shops are located at Smithfield and Kuranda Terminals, and stock a wide range of souvenirs, gifts, books, clothing and other merchandise. At the award winning Tjapukai Gallery you can find authentic Aboriginal boomerangs, paintings, didgeridoos, and artefacts, as well as a huge range of books, Aboriginal CD's, jewellery, clothing, souvenirs, and much more. The Kuranda Scenic Railway Gift Shop boasts a wide range of historical and Australian gifts including all your Kuranda Scenic Railway souvenirs.
- What to bring:
- Daypacks and fold-up baby strollers can be taken on the cableway. Luggage is not able to be carried on the cableway or coach transfer service.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child Fares 4-14years. Infants under 4 years are Free of Charge, however please include them in your booking request to ensure a boarding pass is issued. Children must be accompanied by an adult while travelling on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
Lake Placid, Queensland
Clifton Beach, Queensland
Kewarra Beach, Queensland
Machans Beach, Queensland
Holloways Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
9:15 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Drive yourself to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal and make your way into the terminal to process your check-in. From here your day will commence at Tjapukai [located adjacent to Skyrail]. Your return from Kuranda is via the Kuranda Scenic Railway and a coach transfer service will transfer you from Freshwater Connection Railway Station back to Skyrail Smithfield Terminal to collect your vehicle.
- 7 hours
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Departs From
- Cairns, Palm Cove, Kuranda, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Lake Placid, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach
Enjoy spectacular and breathtaking views from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and immerse yourself in the Tropical Rainforest, discover the pioneering history of the Kuranda Scenic Railway and uncover 40,000 years of culture at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
This tour is for passengers who will be driving themselves to Skyrail's Smithfield terminal, where there is ample parking and start your tour on the Rainforest Cableway. When you return on the Kuranda Scenic Rail a coach transfer service will bring you from Freshwater Connection Train Station back to the Skyrail Smithfield terminal.
Skyrail operates in all weather rain or shine, and is the world's most beautiful rainforest experience.
Tour details are:
One-way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
One-way Kuranda Scenic Railway
Entry to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
One-way coach transfer from Freshwater Connection Railway Station to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal