Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Half Day - Rainforest and Waterfall 4WD Adventure (AM)
Small group - Maximum 13 people offering unrivaled, friendly and personalised service
5 lookouts with breathtaking views
Two Waterfalls- Surprise Falls in the Lower Barron Gorge National Park and the Mighty Barron Falls in the upper Barron Gorge National Park, with many more waterfalls in the peak of the wet season (February-April)
Rainforest Boardwalk- Guided walk in a very private section of the rainforest
Clohesy River Fig- Massive hundred-year-old strangler fig tree
World Heritage Rainforest
Soft off-road Four Wheel Driving through creeks and rivers
Access to “exclusive permit” areas in Rainforest
Travel in comfortable late model, well-appointed vehicles
- Included in price:
- Access to exclusive permit areas in Rainforest Chilled Water Morning/Afternoon Refreshments Experienced and knowledgeable local Naturalist or Eco/World Heritage Accredited Guide. National Park fees Transfers to and from your Hotel
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Optional return from Kuranda by either the Skyrail (includes transfer to Cairns Hotel) or Scenic Train (make your own way from Cairns Railway Station)
- What to bring:
- Hat, Camera, Sunscreen 30+, Insect repellent, Comfortable light clothing and walking shoes, Water Bottle
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child rates apply. This tour is not suitable for infants (under 4) unless on a private charter.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Departs: Cairns 7.00am. If you are staying at Cairns Northern Beaches, we can arrange to meet you at a pick up at The Skyrail Terminal. A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://db.tt/JAjb1pgR If you have chosen to return to Cairns on the Scenic Train or Skyrail, we will drop you in Kuranda at 11.15 - 11.30am.
- Approximately 5 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
Drop off is at 12.00pm
- Discovery Tours Australia
- Kuranda, Lake Morris, Lake Placid and Clohesy River
- Departs From
Afternoon Departures Also Available (see PM Listing)
Do you have half a day to spare and want to see some of the most spectacular scenery and rainforest in the local area and escape the crowds? Why don’t you jump on board our 4WD for this exclusive and spectacular visit to the rainforest and surrounding area? You will be amazed in what you will see in 5 hours.
Your day will begin when one of our knowledgeable and friendly guides collect you from your hotel and we head north to the lower Barron Gorge National Park in the heart of Cairns city to visit Surprise Falls. This beautiful waterfall is 243 metres high and set amongst the beautiful lower Barron Gorge.
We then ascend the Lamb Range to the west of Cairns where you can appreciate spectacular views over Cairns city and out towards Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef
Next we will visit Lake Morris and Copperlode Dam - this is Cairns water supply and surrounded by World Heritage rainforest-clad mountains, its a unique and outstanding location to visit. Well stretch our legs and get some amazing photos from the lookout prior to crossing the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel drive journey
Our exclusive access permit lets us visit areas not open to the public. You want private and exclusive…. This is for you!!! Our track winds through some of the most amazing rainforest in the region and over the Great Dividing Range, which is one of the longest Mountain ranges in the world and Australia’s largest.
Once we conquer the mighty Great Dividing Range we will continue through the rainforest, crossing several creek systems and stopping at a boardwalk for an interpretive overview of the rainforest from your guide. Here you will be introduced to the Clohesy River Fig, a truly unforgettable experience
Our next destination takes us from the lushness of the Wet Tropics rainforest to the beginning of Australia’s mighty Savannah country. You will truly be amazed at the rapid change in the forest types and scenery
From here we will venture back onto the sealed road and head back towards the Wet Tropic World Heritage area and into Kuranda Village. Here you will enjoy a short tour of the village or if you are taking the Skyrail or Train return option* you’ll be dropped off and have around two hours to browse Kuranda with its market stalls, shops and wildlife parks. If you do not have this option we will continue to the Upper Barron Gorge National Park, where we will first stop at the Wrights lookout for a stunning photo overlooking the Barron Gorge and back towards the coastal plains and Cairns City. We will then take a very short drive to the Barron Falls lookout to view possibly the most famous waterfall in Northern Queensland - the mighty Barron Falls.
Finally our day is coming to an end and we will start to head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropic World Heritage drive on the Kuranda range, stopping at the Henry Ross Lookout overlooking the northern beach suburbs of Cairns and back out towards the Coral sea. Finally, we will then drop you back at your accommodation.