Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Skyrail and Kuranda Railway - Self Drive
Kuranda Scenic Railway is the original scenic rail journey from Kuranda. This spectacular experience travels over bridges and through tunnels hand-made by North Queensland’s pioneers over 100 years ago. Traversing the World Heritage listed rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park this is one of the world’s great railway journeys.
Skyrail is the World’s Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. A 7.5km cableway, Skyrail glides just metres over the canopy of Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforests. Two mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the perfect opportunity to explore and learn more about this ancient environment on boardwalks and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Included in price:
- One-way Skyrail experience from Smithfield to Kuranda [Approximately 10:00AM] + One-way Kuranda Scenic Railway journey [3:30PM service from Kuranda] + Coach transfer from Freshwater Connection Railway Station to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal [5PM]
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Skyrail's gift shops are located at Smithfield and Kuranda Terminals, and stock a wide range of souvenirs, gifts, books, clothing and other merchandise. The Kuranda Scenic Railway Gift Shop boasts a wide range of historical and Australian gifts including all your Kuranda Scenic Railway souvenirs.
- What to bring:
- Daypacks and fold-up baby strollers can be taken on the cableway. Luggage is not able to be carried on the cableway or coach transfer service.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child Fares 4-14years. Infants under 4 years are Free of Charge, however please include them in your booking request to ensure a boarding pass is issued. Children must be accompanied by an adult while travelling on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
Clifton Beach, Queensland
Kewarra Beach, Queensland
Machans Beach, Queensland
Holloways Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
10:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Drive yourself to Skyrail's Smithfield terminal where there is ample parking and start your tour on the Rainforest Cableway. When you return on the Kuranda Scenic Rail a coach transfer service will bring from Freshwater Connection Train Station back to the Skyrail Smithfield terminal. Note that this tour begins from Skyrail's Smithfield terminal. Can be completed as a tour beginning in Kuranda, but it is an afternoon tour in this case as you must take the train from Kuranda towards Cairns and this only occurs during the afternoon.
- 7.25 hours
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Departs From
- Cairns, Palm Cove, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach
Enjoy spectacular and breathtaking views from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and immerse yourself in the Tropical Rainforest, discover the pioneering history of the Kuranda Scenic Railway on Tropical North Queensland's most popular self-drive tour.
This tour is for passengers who will be driving themselves to Skyrail's Smithfield terminal, where there is ample parking and start your tour on the Rainforest Cableway. When you return on the Kuranda Scenic Rail a coach transfer service will bring you from Freshwater Connection Train Station back to the Skyrail Smithfield terminal.
Skyrail operates in all weather rain or shine, and is the world's most beautiful rainforest experience.
Tour details are:
One-way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
One-way Kuranda Scenic Railway
One-way coach transfer from Freshwater Connection Railway Station to Skyrail's Smithfield Terminal