Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Coral Sea 7 Nights Dive Safari - Club Accommodation (twin share, bunks, private bathroom)
Spoilsport Vessel Features:
* Length 30m (100ft); Beam 10m (36ft); Speed 15 knots
* Passenger average 23 (max 28) Crew 11
* Twin hull‚Äôs reduce seasickness and maximises stability, space and privacy
* Twin or double cabins, most with ocean views. Daily cabin service
* Spacious: dining room; lounge; alfresco deck and sundeck
* Sensational chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks
* Complimentary soft drinks and Australian wines with dinner
Spoilsport Dive Services:
* Complimentary Reef Ecology Program
* Low key photo comp on every expedition
* Huge dive deck with convenient entry/exit platforms
* Photographer friendly with 3 large camera tables
* ‚ÄėOpen dive deck‚Äô allows flexible dive planning
* 3 dive sites per day is normal
* Underwater photography and video services
* Nitrox fills (enquire for prices)
* PADI instruction: Advanced, Nitrox, Naturalist and Photo/Video
* Dry towel after each dive
* Solo diving as per Mike Ball Safe Solo System
* 2 large inflatable's for personalised dive service.
- Included in price:
- In addition to luxury onboard accommodation, we provide 24hr complimentary tea, coffee and water. A selection of beverages is served with every meal. Complimetary softdrinks and wine are served with dinner. Three chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks are provided each day with fruit and biscuits always available. Please advise in advance if your have special dietary requirements. Additional wine, beer, mixed drinks and chocolates are available for purchase on board. Please do not bring any alcohol onboard as we have a ‚ÄėShip‚Äôs Bar Only‚Äô policy.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Dive equipment hire available, Underwater camera hire, Photo and Video services, Dive courses available. "Ship Shop" souvenirs and clothing available for purchase.
- What to bring:
- Personal toiletries, personal medication, swimming costume, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, foot wear (sandals or tennis shoes), T-shirts, shorts, hair dryer (if required), sweater and sweat pants - light weight pants and tops for the evening are a good idea. Also your wildest ‚Äúloud‚ÄĚ shirt/dress for the BBQ evening. Luggage Limit = 25kg per person and 3 kg carry-on.
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Tours not suitable for children.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
6:00 PM Thu
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Prior to 4:00pm. Check-in luggage at shop 2, 3 Abbott St, Cairns. If unable to check-in prior to 4:00pm phone us using the details provided on your booking confirmation. 6:00pm our crew meet you at Mondo's Restaurant and escort you to Spoilsport ‚Äď Trinity Wharf, Cairns.
- 6 Nights, 7 Days
The above prices include $45.50 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.Click on a price to view more options and details.
- Mike Ball Dive Expeditions
- Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef, Cod Hole and Osprey Reef
- Departs From
7 nights / 6 days ‚Äď Unlimited diving (approx. 25 dives) Prime dives sites - GUARANTEED! Club Accommodation (twin share, bunks, private bathroom)
Tour recommended for Advanced Divers.
The new 7 night, 450 mile Coral Sea Safari includes some of the best dive sites on Australia‚Äôs Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea featuring: spectacular first dive at Challenger Bay, diver size fish at the Cod Hole, plummeting Coral Sea wall dives in gin clear water, exciting shark action in the Coral Sea, schooling trevally and barracuda in the Coral Sea, exploration of Lizard Island, the Cod Wall, outer edge big fish dive, the prime Ribbon Reef sites, all dives north of Cooktown, dive site guarantee!
Thursday: Check-in and Departure
Prior to 4:00pm. Check-in luggage at shop 2, 3 Abbott St, Cairns. If you are unable to check-in prior to 4:00pm phone us using the contact details on your booking confirmation for departure details.
6:00pm our crew meets you at Mondo's Resturant and escort you to Spoilsport ‚Äď Trinity Wharf, Cairns. Cruise overnight to the magnificent Ribbon Reefs, the first stop on your 700km dive odyssey.
Friday: Ribbon Reef #9 - Pixie Gardens, Cod Hole
Buddy up with diver size fish that dive with you at the Cod Hole! Swim with giant potato cod, napoleon wrasse and moray eels. Enjoy close encounters with huge Maori wrasse. Anticipate spectacular coral gardens, spotted rays, reef sharks and green turtle sightings. Night dive where decorator crabs, egg cowry shells, moray eels and crayfish are just a few of the creatures you can find.
Saturday & Sunday: Coral Sea - Osprey Reef
Cruise 100 miles overnight to Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea. Enjoy 40 meter (132ft) visibility with spectacular walls disappearing to 1000metres. At North Horn swim with giant potato cod, napoleon wrasse, moray eels, tuna and barracuda. Witness the resident shark population including grey whalers, whitetip reef sharks, silvertips and hammerheads. Search for the commonly seen green and loggerhead turtles. Find the caves, overhangs and spectacular walls adorned with huge soft coral trees and gorgonian fans. Night dive.
Monday: Lizard Island & Ribbon Reef #10 & #9 ‚Äď Cod Wall, Cod Hole, Challenger Bay
Climb ‚ÄúCook‚Äôs Look‚ÄĚ at Lizard Island where Captain Cook searched for safe passage through the reef.
Explore the rarely dived Cod Wall at the outer reef edge that disappears into 60 meters (200ft).
Glide back towards the Cod Hole while enjoying the clear water and spectacular coral formations.
Choose to dive the Cod Hole again if you agree with us that one day is not enough to enjoy its diverse marine life. Shallow but fantastic, Challenger Bay is extremely rich in biodiversity from spectacular coral gardens and unusual critters through to large schooling fish. Great night dive location, watch out for Baza the Barra!
Tuesday: Ribbon Reef #9, #5, #4 - Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Pinnacle, Andy‚Äôs Postcard, Clam Beds, Vertical Gardens
Circumnavigate Pixie Pinnacle and Lighthouse Bommie shrouded in fusilier baitfish. Fluorescent purple and orange anthias attract predatory fish to these photogenic sites. Majestic Minke whales are seen here in June and July. Rising from 80 meters the pinnacle of Andy‚Äôs Postcard is encrusted in had corals, lion fish, nudibranchs, octopus, schooling trevally and barracuda. See spectacular giant clams at Clam Beds as well as caves, canyons and coral encrusted bommies awaiting exploration. Sheer walls covered in whip corals and sea fans brim the natural amphitheatre of Vertical Gardens. Marine life varies from the many colourful nudibranchs to large schooling bump head parrotfish. Night dive.
Wednesday: Ribbon Reef #3 - Flare Point, Joani‚Äôs Joy, Steve‚Äôs Bommie
Spiral majestic coral pinnacles teeming with diverse marine life. See huge schools of baitfish stalked by barracuda, mackerel and trevally. Anticipate spectacular coral gardens, spotted rays, reef sharks and green turtle sightings.
Thursday: Dock back in Cairns
Early morning docking at Trinity Wharf - Cairns, breakfast, 8:00am courtesy transfers to Cairns city hotels.
This itinerary has been designed to include the ‚Äėprime‚Äô Ribbon Reef sites that have restricted access.
If weather forces an itinerary change our surety of access to the prime Ribbon Reef sites is your guarantee of the best diving available. Spoilsport‚Äôs outstanding stability minimizes disruption to your itinerary and your diving experience. We look forward to taking you on the experience of a lifetime, diving on the Great Barrier Reef with Mike Ball Dive Expeditions.
1. In June and July we conduct special Minke Whale Expeditions with the second day devoted almost entirely to finding and snorkeling and/or diving with Minke whales. Since commencing minke whale expeditions in 1996 we have discovered the locations where Minkes' are most commonly found. In this time we have evolved a diving and snorkeling protocol that has minimal impact on the whales and allows them to approach divers within their own comfort zone. This protocol combined with the Minkes' natural curiosity provides you with very close encounters and spectacular opportunities for close up videos and photography. (adjusted itinerary available on request)
Minke Expedition Departures in 2017: 8 June, 15 June, 22 June, 29 June and 6 July.
Note: Itinerary subject to change. Superior vessel stability in adverse weather conditions ensure you a comfortable experience.
All guests are supplied with Nautilus Lifeline personal GPS locator devices, tanks and weight belts as part of the diving service.
Full or part gear hire is available onboard the vessel. Full gear hire includes mask, snorkel, regulator set, dive computer, full length 5mm wetsuit, 3mm hood, BCD, surface marker buoy, full foot fins, torch and cyalume sticks. Full gear hire is available and payable on board. We do not supply children‚Äôs sizing. It is strongly recommended that children bring their own wetsuit, mask and fins.
Prices & Availability
Prices for 13 April 2017.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Coral Sea 7 Nights Dive Safari - Club Accommodation (twin share, bunks, private bathroom)