Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
- Included in price:
- Double sea kayak, paddle and safety equipment, full instruction and safety brief, experienced and qualified guide, guided tour, tropical breakfast. Stinger suits are available for use during stinger season and are included in the cost of the tour.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Bottled water, sunscreen, waterproof cameras, lip balm, E-mail Photos, T-shirts
- What to bring:
- Footwear to get wet, swimmers, shorts, shirt, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle A small bag containing towel and change of clothing for when you return
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Minimum age for participation in the tours is 7 years; each child under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Departure points:
- Magnetic Island, Queensland
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- 8:00am Horseshoe Bay beach front. Next to public toilets (across the road from bus terminus and mini roundabout)
- 4 hours Tour returns and finished by 12:00pm
- Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks
- Great Barrier Reef, Townsville and Magnetic Island
- Departs From
- Magnetic Island
We take only photos & leave only footprints
Join the fun and excitement of a half day sea kayak adventure with the Islands only Accredited Eco-Tour when you check-in at 8:00am on the beach in Horseshoe Bay. Here your friendly, experienced and qualified guide will give you full instruction and a safety brief prior to being kitted out with a life jacket and spray deck. Next comes the exciting part of launching your kayak where you will be given further instruction once afloat on how to control your sea kayak at sea.
The guided tour takes you out around the Northern tip to discover the rugged beauty of the coastline in Magnetic Island's world heritage National & Marine Park. From the quiet of your sea kayak you paddle around to one of its northern bays, usually the secluded Balding Bay - a bay with no road access or the picturesque Radical Bay.
After pulling ashore, you will be treated to a tropical breakfast on the beach. Then it's time for relaxation and an opportunity to learn about the areas history and ecology on the islands most informative and only true environmentally friendly tour.
On your return journey you get to view nature in the wild as you paddle within metres of huge granite boulders and let your worries drift away as you search the coastline for its many wading sea-birds, watch huge birds of prey soar above you and look for a sea turtle, dolphin or Whale (during Whale season July to September).
You will return to Horseshoe Bay and be finished by 12:00pm
This tour is suitable for the beginner to intermediate paddler and operates with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 12 customers and is priced per person, in a double sea kayak.
For single bookings please contact the office prior to booking.